Child & Vulnerable Adults
Protection Policy Statement
SP Therapy Services is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children, young people and vulnerable adults. It recognises its responsibility to take all reasonable steps to promote safe practice and to protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm, abuse and exploitation.
All employees will endeavour to work together to encourage the development of an ethos, which embraces difference and diversity and respects the rights of children, young people and adults.
SP Therapy Services will:
- ensure that all staff understand their legal & moral obligations to protect children, young people & vulnerable adults from harm, abuse & exploitation;
- develop best practice in relation to the recruitment of all staff;
- ensure that all staff understand their responsibility to work to the standards and procedures detailed in the organisation’s Code of Conduct, & Child & Vulnerable Adults Protection Policy;
- ensure that all staff understand their obligations to report care or protection concerns about a child/ young person/vulnerable adults, or a worker’s conduct towards a child/young person/vulnerable adult to the Practice Principal as protection designate.
- ensure that all procedures relating to the conduct of staff are implemented in a consistent and equitable manner;
- ensure that the designated person understands his/her responsibility to refer any child/young person/vulnerable adult protection concerns to the statutory child protection agencies (i.e. Police and/or Social Work/Case Manager);
- provide opportunities for all staff to develop their skills & knowledge particularly in relation to the care & protection of children/young person/vulnerable adult;
- ensure that children /young person/vulnerable adult are enabled to express their ideas & views on a wide range of issues & will have access to the organisation’s Complaints Procedure;
- ensure that parents/carers are encouraged to be involved in therapy & are supported by appropriate guidelines & procedures;
- endeavour to keep up-to-date with national developments relating to the care & protection of children/young persons/vulnerable adults.