24 hour postural management
For children and young people with complex needs who are at risk of developing changes to their body shape, 24 hour postural care is a gentle, non-invasive way to promote health and quality of life. It can protect the shape of a person’s body, help balance muscle tone, reduce pain, ease physical care, improve sitting posture and tolerance, and help people sleep better.
It describes the careful consideration of the position a young person uses throughout the day and night. It includes the use of specialist equipment such as:
- Standing frames (if the individual has this postural orientation available to them) with ranges to stand
- Wheelchairs (to promote changes in orientation)
- Special seating
- Sleep systems and positioning supports in the lying position
- Wedges and other ways of positioning for play
- Classroom positioning systems, e.g., equipment to allow a lying posture as an alternative/counter posture to sitting
At SP Therapy Services our Physiotherapists & Occupational Therapists are skilled at working with you, your child and those who are involve in their care to ensure their posture is supported in conjunction with movement and activity.
We can provide home visits & clinic appointments.
SP Therapy Services take great care in providing an exceptional standard of therapy to all our patients, whatever their individual age, diagnosis or location.