Chartered Physiotherapist Specialising In Neurology
Jayne qualified with a BSc Hons. Physiotherapy from Leeds University in 1993.
Specialist Skills & Expertise
Jayne joined the Practice in April 2009, and has dedicated her career to working in neurology and has experience in working with both adults and children.
Jayne is proficient in the treatment & management of:
Head Injury · Multiple injuries & pathologies · Minimally conscious & low awareness patients · Challenging behaviours · Cerebral Palsy · Autism · Dyspraxia · Developmental Delay · Chromosomal Abnormalities
Jayne is a dynamic, flexible & innovative Physiotherapist who is also our one of our Clinical Coordinators for the team.
Jayne enjoys the challenges that arise from working with patients both adults and children with complex neurological conditions and acknowledges that this may at times entail working with difficult social and psychological circumstances.
Her skill set includes:
- Accredited Paediatric Bobath Therapist
- Spasticity treatment & management
- Gait analysis & training
- Upper limb rehabilitation
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Coordination problems & ataxia
- Postural Management & Sleep Systems
- Engaging patients in gym programmes & community based activities
- Working with school teams
- Engagement of families & support worker in rehabilitation programmes
- Therapeutic & Inclusive Play activities
- Moving & Manual Handling Assessments
- Fatigue management
Jayne is a member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy & is registered to the Health & Care Professions Council, the regulatory body that upholds the standards of practice for professions allied to medicine.
Jayne lives in South Yorkshire with her husband, daughter and dog. Dance is a family passion and she can often be seen frequenting dance festivals with her daughter.
Jayne’s full CV is available on request.
We can provide home visits & clinic appointments.
SP Therapy Services take great care in providing an exceptional standard of therapy to all our patients, whatever their individual age, diagnosis or location.